Through the UBC’s Carpenters International Training Fund (CITF), you and your employer have easy and quick access to your real-time training, certification and qualification reports, through your enhanced Training Verification Card (TVC). It’s now a plastic card that’s small enough for your wallet, and durable so it can be used repeatedly without wear and tear.
Scan the QR code on your TVC using a QR reader app on your mobile device and get up-to-the-minute reports about courses you’ve completed or certification/qualifications you’ve earned. You can also see upcoming classes.
Don’t have a scanner app? Download one for free from the App Store or Google Play.
Understanding the Message
Key codes you may see in your record and what they mean:
- Training History Not Available = appears if you are a non-member
- Invalid Code = appears if your card is outdated, is being used after a replacement card has been provided, or if your temporary card expired
- No Current Training History = appears if the Fund has no valid certifications for you.
About TVC Security
Our pledge to you is to keep your information secure and accurate, and ready for you and your employer’s to review.
- If you have a paper TVC, that card is no longer valid.
- To get a new (plastic) card, you must contact the Fund.
- Once you request a new TVC card, your current TVC QR code will be deactivated; a temporary card will be issued with a new QR code that will work for two weeks.
- When your permanent plastic card arrives at your home, the temporary card will be deactivated and the new QR code will be active.
- Your new TVC card cannot be created if your address on file with the CITF is incorrect.
- Your card will have your photo on it if your photo is on file with the CITF.
- If you don’t have a photo on file with the CITF, you can have your photo taken at your local training center. Or, your business agent can submit a photo by emailing it to email@example.com.
Contact your Local UBC Training Center. Visit carpenters.org for a directory of UBC-affiliated Training Centers.